Health and Fitness Independent Contractors United (HFICU) is a team of CAM (Complementary and Alternative Medicine) professionals committed to educating our community about the benefits and uses of CAM to achieve optimal health.
Our team partners with corporations, schools, churches, and other non-profit organizations to share our knowledge about optimal health management. Our members are independent contractors for the most part who are working to grow their initial client base but others are business owners who share our mission and know that we can reach more as an organization than individually.
Since its inception in July 2003, Health and Fitness ICU members have accomplished the following:
- Received the Spirit of Detroit Award in recognition of leadership and working to enhance the quality of life of Detroit residents
- Participated in health fairs sponsored by Ford Motor Co., Northwest Activities Center and Detroit Public Schools
- Provided on-site massages for the Muscular Dystrophy Association Lock-up, American Cancer Society Breast Cancer Walk, American Heart Association and the Focus Hope Human Rights Walk
- Sponsored Movement for Life Relax and Release Days, 1st Annual Great Body Walk-a-thon, Gift the Gift of Health Campaign, 24 Hr Massage Benefit for COTS
- Participated in the National Massage Therapy Awareness Week Celebration, Coordinated School Health Council
- Introduced CAM to app. 1000 High School Students through the My Body Project